Performs basic accounting functions as needed for the department, in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
- Balance Sheet analysis and reconciliations including, but not limited to cash, receivables, inventory, payables and the accrual process.
- Reconciles daily cash activity
- Prepares, verifies and processes accounts receivable invoices
- Makes collection calls
- Processes accounts payable journal vouchers and checks for payments.
- Matches receiver, purchase order and invoice and investigates any discrepancies.
- Prepares journal entries and assist Controller with month-end.
- General Ledger and Payroll analysis
- Assist Controller with management reporting
- Maintains cash over/short reports and other control records.
- Compiles and distributes daily sales reports, under the direction of Controller.
- Prepare weekly payroll
- Assist Controller with budgeting
- Prepares, proofs, and types financial reports; makes routine cost distributions; posts subject accounts.
- Files and maintains clerical records and reports pertinent information to accounting and bookkeeping or technical operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assists with preparation of month-end accounts receivable statements.
- May prepare daily bank deposits, under direction of supervisor.
- May audit and proof accounting or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to departmental, county, and state procedures.
- Answers telephone questions relating to guest bills and outstanding balances and processes adjustments to guest bills.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Must have 3 years of experience as an Accountant.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and have experience in a professional office environment.
- Experience with internal and external audits
- Experience with month-end, accruals, budgeting, account reconciliations and analysis
- Must be willing and able to pass a pre-employment credit and criminal background check
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles and practices and accepted office procedures.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, energy, is trustworthy, respectful and demonstrates sound work ethics
- Excellent PC, Word processing, Excel spreadsheet, computerized accounting skills
- Strong mathematical skills, including knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to understand and follow complex instructions and technical or legal terminology.
- Strong guest service orientation; ability to adhere to Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Analytical, with excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Regularly required to sit in front of a computer
- Manual dexterity sufficient for cash handling and typing duties
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish required reports and computer system
- Occasional bending, reaching, climbing on step stool, lifting
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Frequent exposure to, and utilization of, computer.
- May be required to work weekends and overtime on a weekly basis.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer