Our Warren, MI customer is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer (Machining / Shaft) for a direct hire position at a salary range of $80,000-$100,000. Relocation available - just moving expenses.
Provide daily technical support for operations/production, maintenance, and quality. Provide leadership and direction in troubleshooting techniques. Participate in team meetings, and other continuous or corrective improvement meetings identified by operations, maintenance, and quality. Maintain control of production process and process documentation.
- Provide technical support for production floor as identified by operations (business case plan’s, top 5 systemic issues, top 5 scrap, top 5 tooling, etc.)
- Provide technical reports on corrective actions and implementations for systemic issues/top 5. Publish reports via lessons learned, DCP AIR, PowerPoint, etc.
- Responsible for change management on continuous improvements, or any other process related change; ECCR’s, ECN’s, PRR’s, IECR’s, etc.
- Ensure all appropriate; picture process sheets, check sheets, start-up, change over documentation, tooling sheets and all other essential process related documentation is in place, correct, and up to date located in appropriate Process Books line side
- Ensure efficient and timely transfer of process knowledge and coordinate the training of production team members and engineering technicians on new processes and equipment
- Support engineering technician with assistance and guidance to maintain production process, continuous improvement implementation, engineering PM’s, troubleshooting techniques, CNC programming, CNC programming record keeping per company procedure, tool testing and training
- Provide technical service with a team approach with regard to achieving plant goals, supporting metrics and setting and achieving training plans
- Participate in APQP process for new product launch as assigned
- Work in a safe manner and report unsafe working conditions, equipment or practices to department supervisor follow up with RFS as necessary. All safety issues are #1 priority
- Conduct routine process audits to ensure process are maintained with in documented baseline parameters
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel
- BSME or BS Manufacturing Engineering
- 3-5 years; related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Heavy with Shaft experience
- Generate, follow, and explain detailed proposals and operating procedures (i.e. assembly instructions, inspection procedures, capital proposals, etc.)
- Read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have a good understanding of geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Analyze and correct complex product and/or process issues using independent judgment
- Plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks and projects
- Excellent analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Complete understanding of Lean Mfg and Six Sigma Tools
- Leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- Good computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, and databases)
- Understand CNC equipment and programming for various interfaces (Mazatrol, Fanuc, Lathes, HMC)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented, automotive, mfg. environment.