The primary function of this position is to perform all tasks of the positions on the packing and production lines to relieve, assist operators and facilitate and maintain the efficient flow of product through the production process, in a timely manner, observing all safety regulations, ensuring all GMP and quality standards are met.
- Put on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear and insure that all safety devices are functioning properly.
- Ensure that proper supplies are positioned to assigned workstation, and if not communicate with other personnel to ensure that all necessary supplies and materials are positioned to the work station.
- Start the machines, perform pre-production check to ensure it is functioning properly and provide relief and assistance to line operators.
- Perform the duties of the production / cooking lines: fill tanks, pull corn from silo, dump bags of kernels, monitor and maintain t cook tanks, hook-up and operate pumps to transfer cooked corn to grinder machine to produce the masa.
- Monitor the Toaster-Sheeter, test and adjust moisture levels (Masa) and temperature(Fryer-Toaster), keep salt / seasoning hoppers full and oil drums for sprayers filled to process the corn chips.
- Perform the duties of the packaging line: inspect product for non-conforming chips, assemble, fill and seal bags of chips, box, palletize wrap and label full pallets for transfer to the warehouse.
- Monitor, organize, clean, and supply the production, packing and warehouse areas to facilitate and maintain an efficient work flow during the production and packing process.
- Make minor corrections and adjustments, communicate and assist other production and maintenance personnel as required.
- Keep work area and storage areas clear, clean and organized and place trash / non-conforming product in proper receptacles.
- Complete other related duties as assigned or directed by the Supervisor, at end of shift, perform general housekeeping as required.
- All employees of Garden Fresh have the responsibility to report food safety and quality problems immediately to Management or Quality.
General Job Requirements
- Must be able to read, write and effectively communicate with co-workers and management as it relates to the job and the safety regulations.
- Must be able to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform the job.
- Must meet the company performance standards for the job.
- Must participate in company orientation and training.
- Must submit to background check, mandatory drug testing and not possess any significant chemical record as determined by the appropriate authorities.
- Must be able to work the scheduled / assigned times and required overtime for the position.
- Must be able to work as a team and follow instructions.
- Must be able to perform all job functions safely
Specific Job Skills and Qualifications
- Must have earned a High School diploma or proof of G.E.D.
- Must have (3+) year experience in-house production or the equivalent combination of education, experience and training that will provide the ability to successfully complete the tasks of the job.
- Must have basic math and computer skills, knowledge / familiar with Microsoft Office and ability to learn JD Edwards inventory system.
- Must have completed Forklift / Power Jack / LOTO training
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended period of time.
- Must know MSDS information regarding all materials used within the scope of the work.
- Must complete company “Cross Training” (observation, relevant testing, E-stop protocols) as required.
Must ensure all GMP, SQF and quality standards are met.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
HOURS & WORKDAYS:
Monday-Thursday 10-hour days. When business requires, overtime and weekends will be mandatory.