Responsible for managing enterprise wide regulatory compliance activities through individual contribution and/or leading subordinates to ensure ongoing compliance and achievement of annual objectives.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages and/or conducts institution-wide and/or product-specific compliance reviews and assessments, for both small and large financial institutions;
· Conducts compliance reviews in the areas of lending, deposits, Anti-Money Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act/OFAC/Fraud, and financial operations.
· Maintains the effectiveness of client Compliance Programs.
· Works with ICS staff and client employees to implement goals and document progress (e.g., establish metrics, manage project schedule, provide reporting to client stakeholders, administer project budget)
· Provides weekly status updates to clients and internally
· Maintains an outstanding knowledge of current federal laws and regulations.
· Oversees the enhancement, development and/or implementation of the compliance program policies, procedures and standards as well as addressing other required regulatory policies.
· Advises developers and product managers of compliance requirements for new product enhancements and other changes.
· Monitors, interprets and communicates regulatory changes that impact new products, or existing business activities.
· Serves as a resource to client institutions on daily compliance questions, advertising and disclosure reviews
· Attends client Compliance Committee meetings, often establishing an agenda and recording meeting minutes
· Oversees and/or participates in product assessments to verify ongoing regulatory compliance.
· Develops, coordinates and participates in compliance educational and training programs.
· Develops, implements, and maintains system information, procedures, and policies.
· Participates in strategy and business plan development.
· As requested, manages the development of articles, web scripts, seminar content and other materials on relevant compliance topics to assist clients in understanding specific compliance regulations.
· As needed, presents compliance seminars, web casts and other compliance oriented presentations to internal and external clients.
· Performs other related duties assigned as needed.
Compliance Manager Role - Manages client relationships, serving as point person for client questions and regulatory interpretations. Provides banking industry compliance information to FIS internal and external clients at a division level. Responds to assigned product compliance inquiries and provides review and approval of project development designs. Results are internally focused and directly affect the program or are externally focused and affect a segment of customers, partners, stakeholders and/or employees. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect group. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.