Position title: REVISED Simulation Educator & Learning Specialist 7-2013
Employee Group: Administrative/Professional
Status: Full-Time, Paygrade: 7 (Beginning Salary: $53,105 per year)
Position Summary Information
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Will be directly responsible for the operation of all simulation and simulation equipment in the Learning Lab. Develop, implement and debrief simulation experiences across human life span ranging from acute-care to long-term care while maintaining accreditation standards. Monitor clinical simulator exercises, adjusting parameters and responses for learners and faculty. Serve as simulator operator running pre-programmed scenarios or “on the fly” simulations with faculty instructors. Simulation experiences need to reflect both discipline specific learning outcomes and multidisciplinary learning outcomes. Assure simulation equipment is in good working condition prior to the start of all simulations; troubleshoot all simulation equipment. Supervise participants in use of simulation equipment, providing an appropriate orientation to simulator features and the simulated learning environment. Manages room set-up and clean-up for healthcare simulations and debriefings; accountable for having the room props, equipment, and other resources prepared for the scheduled Learning Lab activities. Maintain the Learning Lab as a clean, safe, and operational facility and optimal learning environment. Maintain current knowledge on the use and operation of different simulator technologies including: anatomic models, partial task trainers, computer simulations, integrated patient simulators, and virtual reality simulators.
Carry out structured learning sessions on selected topics requested by faculty as a supplement to classroom instruction. Provide scheduled tutoring session with students on identified topic areas across the curriculum.
Supervise the Health Lab Assistant and any student workers within the area. In conjunction with the Nursing Discipline Coordinator, monitor the coordination and scheduling of simulation and skill lab rooms.
This role will require flexibility in scheduling which may require evening and weekend coverage.
- Master of Science in Nursing.
- Licensed to practice in the State of Michigan as a Registered Nurse or able to obtain license.
- Two years of work experience as a registered nurse within acute care settings and able to replicate acute-care and long-term care situations across the life span.
- Minimum of six months of experience designing, implementing, and evaluating high level fidelity simulation.
- Experience in tutoring and small group learning sessions.
- Experience with basic computer operations and networking, Learning Management Systems, and electronic medical records.
- Minimum Technology: (www.delta.edu/humres/minimum-tech-skills.aspx).
Additional Experiences Considered
- Understanding of the roles and functions of various allied health professionals.
- Experience teaching at the college level in didactic or in clinical experiences.
- Firm grasp of the human life span and incorporation of developmental milestones into simulation experiences.
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, and copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.