Music Teacher - Part Time
Father Marquette Catholic Academy
- Long Term Substitute Required: MI Teaching Cert in K-12 Music Education, JQ or JX
- Approx 4 hours per week
- Schedule: Mon 12:19PM-1:47PM, Tues&Thurs 1:49PM-2:30PM
MARQUETTE AREA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
TEACHER, CHORAL/MUSIC EDUCATION
REPORTS TO: Principal, Assistant Principal
RATIONALE: To instruct students in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth in subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible citizens.
QUALIFICATIONS: As set by State certification authorities
JQ or JX Music Education Endorsement Required
- Plans a program of study to instruct students in citizenship and subject matter that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students in accordance with District and State standards and benchmarks.
- Guides students through the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, establishing clear objectives for all lesson plans, units, projects, field trips, etc.
- Develops and translates lesson plans through a variety of individualized and small group instructional methods, materials, and media into developmentally appropriate learning experiences appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth on a regular basis. Maintains complete and accurate records and provides progress reports as required.
- Identifies student needs, makes appropriate disability referrals and develops strategies for individual educational plans.
- Communicates regularly with administrators, colleagues, students, and/or parents by means of conferences, phone calls, notes, newsletters, etc.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to achieve a safe and productive learning atmosphere appropriate to the maturity level of students.
- Coordinates and supervises the work of aides, parents, and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
- Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of student work.
- Computer literacy required, including the ability to work creatively and effectively integrating technology into the curriculum on a regular basis. Must have the ability to utilize the school management information system and additional software as needed.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.