Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. Stryker offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, orthopaedic, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives.
Recently named in Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to work for in 2011, Stryker also houses innovative talents, pioneering leadership and a devoted employee workforce in the security of the growing medical industry.
Would you like to be involved in the cutting edge research and development of new and innovative products that revolutionize the way doctors perform surgery? If your passion and experience are in R&D Software Design Engineering, we have just the job for you at Stryker Instruments. Top candidates will be able to work independently and have a solid understanding of software programming methodologies (C++). Our best candidates will have excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate and share ideas with the team. Lastly, the best fitting candidates will thrive in a fast paced work environment working under tight deadlines.
In this role you will:
• Be a key member of the New Product Development team
• Generate code using C++ and Linux to create specific software modules that can communicate with one another
• Participate in engineering design reviews and requirements development to ensure the use of specific design approaches and parameters.
• 2+ years of related software coding experience
• Experience programming in C++ (2+ years preferred)
• Knowledge and experience with Linux programming language preferred
• Excellent analytical skills
• Effective interpersonal communication skills
• Experience writing software specifications according to IEEE standards
• Experience in embedded computing, networking, and/or real-time operating systems preferred
• Experience with medical device development and testing preferred
• Demonstrated, software and/or electrical problem solving skills
• Experience in working with or testing advanced electronics and analog/digital electrical systems including motors, sensors, and power supplies
• Ability to read and understand mechanical/electrical schematics
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related curriculum
Stryker, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our work force and the knowledge of our people. M/F/D/V/G/L