Military Police: 31B
-Enlistment into the Michigan Army National Guard -
Looking for a law enforcement career? The Army National Guard is looking for dedicated team members to serve their community, state, and nation as Military Police (MPs). We can assist with paying for college. We have paid training as you will earn $1,400 - $3,000 a month in training. The National Guard assists in natural disaster relief along with overseas ventures. Primarily our members work one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer.
MPs support battlefield operations through circulation control, providing area security, conducting prisoner of war operations, supervising civilian internee operations, and carrying out law and order operations. MPs also support the peacetime Army community protecting critical resources, implementing crime prevention programs, and preserving law and order.
The skills and experience you develop as a National Guard MP translate directly to those practiced by civilian police forces and security firms, making you a more attractive job candidate than someone without this background.
Earn while you learn
Get paid to learn! Join the National Guard and you will learn valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Military Police consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and eight to 12 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT) and on-the-job instruction, including practice in police methods. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability. Benefits subject to change.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- College Money: Montgomery GI Bill $384 month / Tuition Assistance $10k a year
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Healthcare Benefits Available
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
SGT Branden Williams