HR Generalist Kalamazoo, MI Appy on our website at www.mgmtbsolutions.com or Send resumes to email@example.com General Job Activities: The position is responsible for leading human resource practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, job certification, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. This individual will lead the Human Resource function within the Kalamazoo, MI location. Specific Job Activities:
- Support the facility's safety goals by reviewing our safety policies and practices, worker's compensation cases, and substance abuse testing and administration to ensure consistency and compliance with corporate and legal requirements.
- Recruit, onboard, train and retain highly skilled, qualified, and productive employees who meet these criteria and who are able to carry out the company vision and facility objectives.
- Maintain and train on the Manual for Emergency Planning with the assistance of Corporate and facility EHS
- Develop, improve and administer comprehensive training programs to accomplish facility objectives
- Assist in development and measurement of metrics to improve productivity and profitability.
- Act as Facility EEO Officer responsible for drafting and managing the Affirmative Action Plan, conducting bi-annual reviews of the EEO policy with all team members, investigating and responding to all suspected violations of the EEO policy, and supporting the company's diversity initiative.
- Responsible for managing the headcount for the facility, reducing costs associated with training and staffing, and act as a champion for the gain sharing program.
- Manage employment and compliance regulatory concerns
- Administer employee wellness and health initiatives.
- Lead the labor relations efforts within the facility, to include grievance handling, contract negotiations and contract administration.
- 4 year undergraduate degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Labor, Legal or Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Labor Relations experience in a union environment, along with contract negotiations, grievance handling and contract administration.
- Results driven
- Energetic and dynamic with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Comfortable and proficient at speaking in front of a group.
- Organizational Design, LEAN and business planning skills
- Masters Degree preferred
- SPHR/PHR Certification desired