Senior resource responsible for analyzing business requirements, developing and maintaining business intelligence reports and visualizations using primarily the MicroStrategy business intelligence toolset. This includes working with business analysts to understand report requirements, unit testing, verifying, debugging, and system documentation. Provide supervision and mentoring of less senior team members.
- Hands-on development of reports and dashboards using MicroStrategy.
- Reviews requirements and design documents and identifies required solutions.
- Develop a strong understanding of the source system(s) and the relationships within the data.
- Support special projects, ad-hoc reporting requests, and issue resolution.
- Interface closely with IT management to roll out MicroStrategy reports and dashboards.
- Develop and maintain documentation for reporting, tracking all changes.
- Training and mentoring less senior members of team.
- Keeps up to date with all current and planned functionality within the supported reporting systems.
- Assists in verification of data accuracy within dashboards and reports.
- Designs and executes test plans that are designed to find errors, ensure that the information meets requestor's specifications, and results in a quality implementation with no negative business impact.
- Debugs errors found in testing.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about reports and programs.
- Assists in project implementation teams and leads BI projects as required
- Develop training curriculums for training users in the company.
- Act as the lead MicroStrategy trainer for users in the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field is desired but not required. A minimum of five years of experience in MicroStrategy and/or other business intelligence reporting tools and SQL is required. Experience in reporting over JD Edwards ERP database strongly preferred. Other requirements include:
- Hands-on report development experience using MicroStrategy required, versions 10.0 and higher preferred.
- Experience in development of MicroStrategy attributes, metrics and intelligent cubes required
- Full understanding of the MicroStrategy reporting platform.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with IBM iSeries DB2 and system strongly desired
- Prefer proficiency with statistics
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Work with business to analyze business metrics requirements and determine if they can be developed in reports/dashboards
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with analysts both in IT and business staff
- Customize attributes and metrics for Business Intelligence analysis
- Document customization in technical and business formats
- Work with users to document reports/dashboards and establish a documentation scheme
- Team lead for Business Intelligence support for users.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Desire to promote an open flow of information so that all stakeholders are well informed
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities