The primary function of this position is to stack boxes of finished product onto pallet and manually wrap or transport to warehouse for auto-wrapping, in a timely manner, observing all safety regulations, ensuring all GMP and quality standards are met and to maintain the efficient flow of product through the production process.
- Put on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear and insure that all safety devices are functioning properly.
- Ensure that proper supplies are positioned to assigned workstation, and if not communicate with other personnel to ensure that all necessary supplies and materials are positioned to the work station.
- Ensure use of clean pallets or bins and that pallets are in good condition.
- Complete pallet inspection / chute sheet provided.
- Check finished product to ensure: Correct date on bag; Correct date, line, shift on box; Correct flavor on box; Correct seal on box
- Periodically check weights on product bags and document on appropriate paperwork
- Monitor the tape machine to ensure it is sealing boxes correctly and change tape rolls as required.
- Place labels on sealed box, use tape gun to place best-buy date on packaging and perform weigh checks as required.
- Position empty pallet to exit end of box sealer.
- Stack full cases of finished product from conveyor onto pallets according to designated stack pattern.
- Manually wrap full pallet or transport full pallet to warehouse for auto-wrapping, place finished pallets in proper staging areas using a hand jack or power jack.
- Update and track number of pallets built per flavor on palleter sheet.
- Communicate status of pallet production numbers with the Line Leader, Supervisor or Manager
- Make minor corrections and adjustments, communicate and assist other production and maintenance personnel as required.
- Track down time.
- Keep work area and storage areas clear, clean and organized and place trash / non-conforming product in proper receptacles.
- Complete other related duties as assigned or directed by the Supervisor.
- At end of shift, perform general housekeeping and clean-up as required.
- All employees of Garden Fresh have the responsibility to report food safety and quality problems immediately to Management or Quality.
- Must be able to read, write and effectively communicate with co-workers and management as it relates to the job and the safety regulations.
- Must be able to perform basic math / calculations.
- Must be able to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform the job.
- Must meet the company performance standards for the job.
- Must participate in company training.
- Must be able to work the scheduled / assigned times and required overtime for the position.
- Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
- Must complete company “Cross Training” (observation, relevant testing, E-stop protocols) as required.
Specific Job Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in warehouse / food processing or related field is preferred.
- Must complete “Power Jack” training and obtain certificate.
- Must complete “Lock-out / Tag-out” awareness training.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended period.
- Must know MSDS information regarding all materials used within the scope of the work.
- Must be able to work as a team and follow instructions.
- Must have the ability to respond to inquiries, communicate and work effectively with co-workers under any conditions.
- Must ensure all GMP, SQF and quality standards are met.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell; repeated lifting and bending. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
HOURS & WORKDAYS:
Monday through Thursday 10-hour days. When business requires, overtime on Friday and Saturday will be mandatory.