METS is currently hiring part-time bus drivers for assignment at our client district, Godwin Heights Schools (Grand Rapids, MI), for the 2012-2013 school year. This is the perfect position for someone that enjoys interacting with children and being paid to do what you enjoy! School Bus Driving is a great income earner for college students, retirees and anyone that desires a flexible schedule. No previous experience required. Training is provided at no cost to qualified applicants.
Bus drivers have the primary responsibility for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of the children, staff and volunteers during bus transportation to and from the school and on field trips.
1. Responsible for transportation of students; including all responsibilities connected to operating a school bus per all applicable district policies & state/federal laws.
2. Ability to relate to and work with parents, students, and other staff members.
3. Conduct all pre-trip inspections as required.
4. Follow all client district rules and regulations.
5. Ability to manage and maintain all students on the bus in a calm and safe manner, following all state and federal guidelines.
1. Undergo pre-employment and random drug testing per DOT regulations.
2. Have and maintain eligible driving record per all applicable client district policies and state/federal laws.
3. Must pass State and FBI Criminal Background Check per MDE regulations and Client District policies. (This cost is paid by the applicant approximately $65)
4. Ability to pass DOT physical requirements.
5. Must obtain and maintain a valid Michigan Drivers License with valid P and S endorsements.
6. Ability to learn and pass the state test in; pre-trip (bus and equipment), cones, student pick-up, driving skills.
7. Ability to take and pass beginners bus drivers class (once) and Continuing Ed Class every 2 years.
8. Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
9. Able to understand and have empathy for children and persons with disability.
10. Must be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
How to Apply:
1. Email a resume to email@example.com (please put Godwin Heights in the subject line)
2. Fax a resume to (517) 647-7572
3. Apply on METSs website: www.contractbusdrivers.com click on Employment/Employees, click Enrollment and click Start Now then under Step 1 click start now again.
Feel free to call METS Human Resources at (517) 647-7765 for more information.
KEY WORDS FOR POST: Bus, School Bus, Student, Pupil, Passenger, Transportation, Special Needs Transportation, Logistics, Operations, DOT, Transport, Route, Routing, School, Public School, Field Trip, Charter, Safety, Passenger Safety, CDL, Driver, School Bus Driver, Driving