We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Respiratory Therapist at Mary Free Bed are a key member of the multi-disciplinary team that collaborates together to provide patient-centered care. Respiratory therapist coordinate, direct, delegate, and provide care to multiple patients. Using a patient and family-centered care approach, each Respiratory Therapist develops relationships with patients, families, and colleagues that enhance the quality of care provided. Respiratory Therapy is performed with compassion and courtesy, and each Respiratory Therapist is responsible to follow departmental policies and service standards. Patient and family education is a primary focus and is a critical aspect of the interdisciplinary team's efforts to assist patients to gain independence, apply adaptation strategies, and return to home.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
* Licensed registered Respiratory Therapist in the state of Michigan. Newly graduated respiratory therapist have 90 days to successfully complete registry exam.
* Associates degree is required.
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
* Previous experience as a Respiratory Therapist, is preferred but not required.
* Strong critical thinking, decision-making, delegation, and leadership skills are required to work.
* Time management and organizational skills are very important, as well as effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be able to work effectively under time requirements and deadlines, problem-solve when facing unexpected issues, handle interruptions, and prioritize effectively.
* Physical Demands: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while working as a Respiratory Therapist at Mary Free Bed. The ability to perform these tasks are required in order to provide the necessary patient care required by MFB patients:
* Required to stand, sit, talk, type, read, and hear
* Required to use hands and arms to handle, feel, carry and work
* Required to frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, and rise from a kneeling position while performing patient care.
* Required to be independently mobile, with frequent bending, and reaching overhead, for activities such as positioning and transferring of patients and equipment.
* Must be able to exert 20 to 35 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects(*).
* Due to possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens and hazardous materials, must be able to understand and follow department policies related to employee safety.
* Must be competent with computer systems for the purpose of documenting patient care.
Employer's Job# 718
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.