Sterling Heights, MI
Program, operate and maintain Laser Machinery and computer in production setting. Set up and execute specific jobs as prioritized by the Laser Department Head -- maintaining quality, delivery dates and safety requirements at all times. Company has a Mitsubishi 5-Axis lasers.
- Keep lasers aligned
- Clear alarms (machine & computer)
- Perform basic machine troubleshooting and computer repairs
- Organize fixtures
- Set up jobs, changes, buy-offs and Programming
- Ability to determine machine parameters to cut various types of material
- Evaluate part quality using blue prints and/or check aids
- Build and weld fixtures
- Deburr parts
- Punch tooling holes
- Cut parts
- Ensure proper tagging of finished parts for correct routing
- Clean up at end of shift
- Communicate with next shift to report any problems encountered. Update supervisor. Update target time utilized.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands, arms and fingers to perform routine tasks, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Education required: High school diploma or equivalency
- Experience required: Minimum 3 years experience in Laser environment.
- Skills, knowledge or abilities: Read, write & speak the English language fluently.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and conversions.
- Ability to work with statistical data and apply concepts such as whole numbers and fractions, ratios and proportions and work with measurement devices.
- Ability to work with and convert units of production and convert those units to dollars.
- Ability to accurately identify and analyze trends.
- Ability to understand requests and convert those requests into the terms, standards and units of production and measurement utilized within the EMI organization in a timely manner.
Up to $26/hr
Day shift : 6:30AM-5:00PM, possible Saturdays 6:30 AM- 11:30AM- around 56 hours/ week