Mechanical Engineer Job Opening in Detroit, Michigan. An established manufacturer across a variety of industries is currently seeking eager and tenacious candidates for a Mechanical Engineer job in Detroit, Michigan. The company needs the Mechanical Engineer in order to improve company manufacturing processes and enhance product lines and innovation. This metro Detroit, Michigan job is a great job opportunity for Mechanical Engineers who enjoy working in a hands-on environment and working directly with products. The company is offering a great benefits package and salary for the right candidate.
Detroit Mechanical Engineer Overview:
For this Detroit, Michigan job, the Mechanical Engineer is mainly responsible for coming up with product tests and assist in the design of new things for the company to manufacture. Additionally, the Mechanical Engineer is required to learn new products and find ways to enhance them. The role will require a great degree of teamwork and collaboration, as the Mechanical Engineer will be a part of an engineering team dedicated to innovation and production at the Detroit, Michigan location. The Mechanical Engineer will not have anyone reporting directly to him/her, but will be expected to help mentor and motivate team members. For this job, the Mechanical Engineer will be reporting directly to the Engineering Manager at the greater Detroit, Michigan location.
Detroit Mechanical Engineer Job Opening
- The Mechanical Engineer must contribute to ensuring that the manufacturing and shop environment at the Detroit, Michigan location is secure.
- Additionally, he or she must be able to fully understand the technical specification for manufactured products and come up with ways to innovate them.
- For this job, the Mechanical Engineer needs to troubleshoot various devices in order to ensure that they are in proper working order.
- The Mechanical Engineer must also contribute to the evaluation of competitor products in effort to enhance innovation processes.
- The is little to no travel required outside of Michigan for this position.
- The Mechanical Engineer will take on any additional duties as necessary.
Mechanical Engineer (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A BSME degree from an accredited institution is required for this job.
- AutoCAD proficiency.
- Hands-on experience in a shop floor environment.
- Demonstrated experience designing products.