Position: Care Management Support Specialist
FTE: FT, Non-Exempt
Bargaining Unit: UAW
Wage: $17.24 hourly, which equals to $35,862.76 annual salary. Comprehensive benefits package
Additional Compensation: $1000 New Hire Bonus
Care Management Support Specialist
Network180 employees make a difference in people’s lives every day, making our community a better place to live. We are the community organization responsible for the delivery of mental health, substance abuse treatment coordination, and developmental disabilities services for Kent County. We need individuals who are passionate about making a difference by helping others.
We are seeing a Care Management Support Specialist to provide support to the Care Management Program Supervisor, supporting enrollees with complex behavioral and chronic physical health conditions, in collaboration with one or more health plans and providers in Network180’s system of care.
This is a Monday through Friday, 8am to 5 pm, some flexibility is available to meet client needs.
Network180 has made the safety of our employees a priority. We provide Personal Protection Equipment to our employees and thorough safety and cleaning protocols are in place. Staff providing services in person are required to wear appropriate PPE. Job interviews are being conducted via the internet.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED), and one of the following:
1.- State of Michigan Certified Peer Support Specialist or be eligible to become certified by the State as a Peer Support Specialist, which requires an individual be a current or former primary recipient of behavioral health services through a Community Mental Health system and in stable recovery and/or
2.- State of Michigan Certified Peer Recovery Coach or be eligible to become certified by the State as a Peer Recovery Coach, which requires an individual in long-term, stable recovery from alcohol and other drugs who identifies with another individual based on their shared life experiences to promote recovery by removing barriers and obstacles to recovery by serving as a personal guide and mentor and/or
3.- Lived experience which requires an individual to be a current or former primary recipient of behavioral health services through a therapist/counselor or other treatment modality and in stable recovery.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation for job related use
- Knowledge and skills sufficient for establishing effective relationships with individuals served who have a serious mental illness and/or intellectual/developmental disability and/or substance use disorder and chronic physical health co-morbidities and their service providers and natural support network.
- Recovery oriented and experience with emotional or another emergency/crisis planning.
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and data entry skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal (face-to-face or via phone) and written.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing effective problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with complex clients who experience both psychiatric and physical co-morbidities.
- Working knowledge of health care integration concepts.
- Knowledge of basic health and wellness strategies and/or lived experience with the management of a chronic physical health condition.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
For a detailed job description and responsibilities please see pdf document attached to this posting. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Network180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network180 participates on E-Verify.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Assistance with the application process may be requested through the Human Resources Department at 616 336-3909 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to attracting a diverse and talented work force to meet the needs of our diverse community. Network180 offers an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, retirement plan, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
Network180 will operate as an equal opportunity employer. Network180 will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected class status.