HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
MARQUETTE AREA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Preferred: Associates Degree in Accounting, Business, or Human Resources OR 5 years experience in a related field.
- Required: Excellent customer service skills and willingness to learn.
- Non-Union, year-round position.
- Pay: $30,000 - $35,000
- Based on Education & Experience
Human Resources Specialist
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
RATIONALE: To assist with the administration of the District's Human Resources office functions.
- Associate degree in accounting, business or human resources preferred, or at least five years successful work experience in either field.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, the ability to positively relate with school staff, administrators, vendors, applicants, and the public is a top priority.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn.
- Demonstrated above average computer skills, including the ability to work efficiently with financial software systems, word processing, data bases, and spreadsheets on a daily basis (Skyward, Excel, Microsoft, etc.).
- Must be detailed oriented, efficient, and organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a prioritized and professional manner.
- Working knowledge of basic office procedures, office equipment and machines.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have the ability to utilize effective human relations and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations.
- Ability to work cooperatively in an office setting and meet multiple demands.
- Must meet health requirements as required by performance responsibilities (sit, stand, walk, talk, stoop, see, hear, lift up to 25 pounds, etc.).
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Assist with the management of health insurance benefits, supplemental insurances and related programs.
- Assist with the management and reporting of PPACA (Affordable Care Act).
- Assist with the processing of COBRA and FMLA leave time and notifications.
- Assist with the Donated Leave Policy — distribute requests to staff, receive donations, and reply to donors.
- Assist with the processing of New Hires, including employment paperwork, credentials, Employee Master processing, reference checks, safety training, unprofessional conduct forms and criminal history information are complete.
- Assist with scheduling and preparing information for interviews.
- Assist with responding to unemployment claims.
- Assist with the management of the employee time-off system for non-MESPA units (MABA, MAEA, Non Union): allocation, correction, verification, Employee Access, etc.
- Assist with responding to reference checks and employment verifications.
- Process all volunteer forms and maintain volunteer list.
- Assist with all survey and reporting functions.
- Assist with the Workers Compensation program by processing claims, incident reports, and time-off adjustments.
- Assist with the completion of OSHA reporting as required.
- Assist with updating and maintaining the District Staff Directory/Database.
- Assist Administration with negotiation support including but not limited to taking minutes at negotiation sessions, assisting with grievance and arbitration preparation, monitoring union contract(s) compliance, and preparing union contract(s) documents.
- Assist with the compliance of State and Federal employment laws including but not limited to FLSA, wage and hour, FMLA, etc. and MAPS Board policies.
- Cross train on tasks within the Human Resources Office.
- Serve as customer service representative to employees and substitutes.
- Maintain a scanning and filing system that ensures the confidentiality and security of all documents and files.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Annually by Human Resources Manager
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year