<p>GC Services is one of the Nations largest talent services companies. We have call centers across the United States and have been in business for more than 50 years. We've been in our Lansing, MI location for over 20 years. If you're looking for a stable company that provides benefits, paid vacation, personal paid time, 401K and growth opportunities then this is the job for you. Account Representatives use telephone etiquette to call on past due accounts, make the best payment arrangements possible, while providing excellent customer service. This is an entry-level position and we offer paid training to help you with the transition into the company.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate high motivation with a good aptitude for collections.
- Must have the ability to be persuasive, as well as being a good listener.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently with a good, clear speaking voice.
- Must be flexible; able to work a varying schedule.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel and co-workers.
- Sufficient reasoning ability to collect data, define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions (i.e., make reasonable decisions) in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic math skills-addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must have good PC skills, be able to type 25 wpm accurately, and have working knowledge of software used by the Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential functions include:
- Adheres to FDCPA/Federal/state/city laws/provisions, as defined in our training/FDCPA Testing.
- Negotiates arrangements with customer to pay debt in full, or sets up the best possible arrangements.
- Collects assigned monthly budget as applicable.
- Documents all collections activity in a concise and accurate manner.
- Correct deficiencies and oversights during quality assurance reviews or as outlined by the Unit Manager, Assistant Manager and/or Manager.
- Maintains good public relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED with no work experience this position starts at $9.00/hour plus BONUS
High School Diploma/GED with 1 year work experience the starting wage is $10.00/hour plus BONUS and can go up based on your experience.
Applicant must undergo a criminal background check, drug test and provide list of employment references
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.