Are we searching for you? Dickey's Barbecue Pit is located right in Funky Ferndale. We're a fun, community-oriented restaurant seeking a positive person who enjoys interacting with people. Do you have an extroverted personality? Do you enjoy putting on a show for customers with your blazing knife skills? Are you interested in moving up with our cool company into a supervisory role? If so, Dickey's could be the place for you!
- A great personality is a must. Did we say a great personality? Yes, we did!
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Knife handling skills are required
The block position is responsible for all meat preparation, the pit and the warmer. This position is required to document all meat preparation. Set-up the block station first thing in the morning. This includes removing the meat from the pit and walk-in cooler, document what is removed, wrap the meat and top with a completed day dot. Take the Meat Prep/Par Sheet (completed by the manager) and follow it.
- Prepare and serve meats and greet customers
- Load the pit with all meats that are to be smoked before service. During service, the block position is responsible for greeting each guest with a warm, sincere greeting, and follow with taking their order.
- Prepare the bun toaster, stock buns, and trays with paper liners.
- Maintain a sharp knife. This position is responsible for sharpening the block knife on a well-oiled Tri Stone each shift.
- Study the Brand Standards in the Recipe Guide and know the proper smoke times, trim
- procedures, and portion sizes for all meats.
- Keep the knife clean and in the knife holder when not in use.
- Be responsible for minimizing meat waste.
- Keep all of the meats in the warmer organized, wrapped and day dotted with time and
- temperature at removal.
- Keep track of available meats in warmer and inform the manager of meat levels/needs.
- The block station must be kept clean at all times.
- Keep track of available hot sides, such as baked potatoes and rolls, informing the manager of needs.