The Site EHS Coordinator is a key contributor and process owner for the Grand Rapids campus EHS section of the People Pillar and is responsible for supporting and improving the Pridgeon & Clay Corporate EHS Management System integration into the Grand Rapids operations to promote and maintain a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly work environment. The Site EHS Coordinator will introduce and ensure continued compliance to Corporate EHS Minimum Operating Requirements, policies and manuals for the Grand Rapids location.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in OSH Management, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering, Kinesiology, or other related field.
- At least three to five years of experience leading safety and environmental efforts in a complex, fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to apply and audit for compliance to: MIOSHA/OSHA, EGLE/EPA, NFPA and ISO 14001 rules and standards.
- Passionate about encouraging and enforcing safe work practices.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to teach effectively.
- High level of proficiency with computer based systems including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project, etc.).
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy while completing work assignments.
- Genuine respect for people with the ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
(Minimum requirements are updated annually to meet the demands of various positions; employees hired prior to the latest revision update may not meet all current requirements)
- Ensure the Grand Rapids site complies with all local, state, and federal regulatory agencies’ rules and regulations and P&C Corporate EHS MOR’s, policies and manuals.
- Champion site implementation of the ISO 14001 Global Environmental Management System.
- Enforce outside contractor compliance to Corporate EHS MOR’s and applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform compliance audits, plant safety audits and work station risk and ergonomics analysis.
- Conduct or coordinate noise studies, air quality testing, hearing testing and emergency drills.
- Ensure proper, timely completion of EHS documentation, recordkeeping and regulatory reporting.
- Work with the human resources department to continuously improve employee safety and environmental training programs.
- Work with other departments to ensure compliance in all areas of EHS
- Facilitate EHS incident investigation and corrective action implementation.
- Lead EHS related 8-D investigations for serious or complex incidents.
- Lead the Grand Rapids facility’s safety and environmental committees, setting goals and realistic deadlines with committee members.
- Manage environmental impact related to chemical waste generation and storm water run-off control.
- Coordinate industrial hygiene related activities.
- Complete annual SARA Title III Tier II, TRI, storm water and other environmental compliance reports.
- Champion site storm water compliance program.
- Lead site emergency response teams.
- Lead Grand Rapids DOT & commercial driver compliance.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO 14001, IATF 16949, and safety & environmental regulations.
- All other related duties as assigned by management.
- Support EHS initiatives.
- Support internal audits, leading the audit team and providing report summary of activities.
- Suggest and implement ideas to increase personal and departmental efficiency.
- Anticipate problems and work to eliminate them before they happen.
- Support the Corporate EHS Manager with special projects.