The Vice President, Sales will be responsible for all sales of Molecular Imaging, Inc. (MII) services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies globally, and to identifying, recommending and managing third-party collaborations intended to advance sales. As a member of the Company’s Leadership Team, the Vice President, Sales will also be directly involved in the identification, selection, prioritization and pursuit of strategic corporate goals to achieve short-, mid-, and long-term business objectives.
The position is directly responsible for the generation of orders for MII services and, indirectly thereby, the revenue of the Company. The position entails: 1) management of a team of business development associates (current, 3; 4 in FY14), 2) direct engagement with a limited number of high-potential strategic pharmaceutical/biotech companies for purposes of order generation, 3) development and optimization of key channel partner relationships within North America and regions beyond North America specifically engaged in order generation, 4) intimate engagement with scientists and operations personnel within MII and 5) collaboration with the president/CEO on the development and execution of market strategies and tactics supportive of order generation and Company goals. The incumbent will set order goals for the sales team, determine geographic responsibilities and/or customer assignments, set incentive compensation plans and collaborate in the development of costing and pricing strategies for services with other members of the leadership team. The incumbent, by virtue of direct and intimate contact with customers, will also provide vital leadership in the development of operating and strategic plans that support Company expansion, e.g. service expansion, geographic expansion, channel partnering, species expansion.
The following highlights core duties and responsibilities for the position.
- Collaborating with leadership in the development and implementation of the Company’s five-year business plan, which includes both order goals and service operational/strategic development.
- Establishing, in collaboration with the president/CEO, annual order goals for the Company.
- Ensuring the structure and staffing of the sales organization, and related channel collaborations, necessary to achieve the annual order goal.
- Hiring, coaching, counseling and developing individuals with the incumbent’s organization to achieve maximum performance.
- Developing the sales team territory and account plans to be shared with key internal personnel as a mechanism to align effort and priorities.
- Determining appropriate incentive compensation plans designed to maximize the likelihood of achieving order goals within the context of reasonable budget parameters.
- Identifying, establishing and managing channel partners to achieve desired goals.
- Assure the internal systems are in place to optimally track customer interactions, field force activities and efficient prospective planning, e.g. SalesForce.com.
- Tracking and reporting order performance against goals, analyze deltas and recommend any remedial action or opportunity capture.
- Providing input to and facilitating the development and commercialization of new services that enhance the Company’s performance.
- Collaborating with the president/CEO in the development of marketing strategies that support order goal achievement.
- Coordinating Company internal collaborations to targeted large accounts, including making direct calls on such accounts as warranted.
- Collaborating with the president/CEO and CFO in establishing market-competitive pricing formulas for services.
- Participating at all Board of Directors meetings and routinely reporting to the Board of Directors the progress being made by the Company toward order goal achievement and related efforts.
- Providing client and competitive intelligence to management that helps in the assessment of new service offerings.
- Growing a network of decision makers within targeted accounts.
- Participating in industry trade shows and conferences and projecting a professional image of the Company at all times.
- Developing industry knowledge and maintain awareness of industry trends.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the president/CEO to meet business needs.